South Korea's Finance Minister Koo Yun-cheol said Wednesday that the free trade agreement (FTA) with the US was still valid despite the implementation of a new tariff agreement between the two countries, Yonhap News reported the same day.
Koo's statement follows Seoul and Washington agreeing to a lower tariff rate of 15% on the former's exports to the latter, marking a decline from the previously proposed 25%, in exchange for South Korea's $350 billion investment in the US, the report said.
According to Koo, the new 15% tariff will replace the earlier zero rate.
"With a few exceptions, South Korea continues to benefit from the FTA... In particular, small and mid-sized companies could find new opportunities through investment in shipbuilding equipment and parts," Koo said.
(Market Chatter news is derived from conversations with market professionals globally. This information is believed to be from reliable sources but may include rumor and speculation. Accuracy is not guaranteed.)
免责声明:投资有风险,本文并非投资建议,以上内容不应被视为任何金融产品的购买或出售要约、建议或邀请,作者或其他用户的任何相关讨论、评论或帖子也不应被视为此类内容。本文仅供一般参考,不考虑您的个人投资目标、财务状况或需求。TTM对信息的准确性和完整性不承担任何责任或保证,投资者应自行研究并在投资前寻求专业建议。