RWE Exits U.S. Offshore Wind in Trump Administration Deal

Dow Jones
08/07

Germany's RWE is the latest big energy developer to exit U.S. offshore wind, agreeing to a $1.22 billion settlement with the Interior Department to relinquish its offshore wind leases.

The agreement includes offshore wind leases off the coasts of New York, California and Louisiana, the company said Thursday.

RWE said the leases "represented years of planning, investment, and partnership with federal agencies."

"After careful consideration, it was determined there is no path forward to permit these projects in the U.S. for the foreseeable future," RWE said. The settlement resolves its legal claims and will allow it to instead spend on "projects that can be advanced with certainty."

Projects that RWE Americas is investing in include LNG infrastructure in Louisiana and natural-gas turbine reservations for peaker plants, which run when electricity demand is high.

The U.S. offshore wind business has been in turmoil amid intense political pressure. President Trump has long opposed offshore wind, and his administration last year ordered a halt to projects under construction. Construction later resumed but policy uncertainty has lingered.

Invenergy, TotalEnergies and a joint venture between EDP Renewables and Engie have struck similar agreements with the administration in recent months.

Interior Secretary Doug Burgum said RWE's investments were welcome in projects that strengthen U.S. energy security and help keep electricity affordable.

应版权方要求,你需要登录查看该内容

免责声明:投资有风险,本文并非投资建议,以上内容不应被视为任何金融产品的购买或出售要约、建议或邀请,作者或其他用户的任何相关讨论、评论或帖子也不应被视为此类内容。本文仅供一般参考,不考虑您的个人投资目标、财务状况或需求。TTM对信息的准确性和完整性不承担任何责任或保证,投资者应自行研究并在投资前寻求专业建议。

热议股票

  1. 1
     
     
     
     
  2. 2
     
     
     
     
  3. 3
     
     
     
     
  4. 4
     
     
     
     
  5. 5
     
     
     
     
  6. 6
     
     
     
     
  7. 7
     
     
     
     
  8. 8
     
     
     
     
  9. 9
     
     
     
     
  10. 10