Fifa has sacked Chief Operating Officer Kevin Lamour less than three weeks after he publicly criticized President Gianni Infantino's abandoned plan to sell stakes in competitions to private investors, BBC Sport reported Monday.
World football's governing body confirmed that its working relationship with Lamour ended Aug. 17, while Secretary General Mattias Grafstrom told staff the organization and Lamour had "agreed to part ways," according to BBC Sport.
Lamour had described the Fifa Forward Enterprise plans as "the project of one person" and said Fifa's administration had been "deceived" about the project, the report said. He joined Fifa in November 2024 after serving as deputy general secretary at Uefa.