Guzman y Gomez Faces Class Action Over Abrupt US Exit

MT Newswires Live
05/25

Guzman y Gomez (ASX:GYG) faced a class action lawsuit in the US over allegations that it did not provide local staff adequate notice before shuttering its operations, according to multiple media reports on Monday.

The Mexican-themed restaurant operator last week said it is exiting the US market with immediate effect, as the business has not delivered sales momentum and is not meeting financial targets.

The federal lawsuit filed in the US over the weekend claims the company "abruptly closed" its Chicago restaurants at the end of business on May 21 without providing workers with a legally required written notice 60 days in advance, the Australian Financial Review reported.

The lawsuit seeks up to 60 days' worth of pay and benefits for an estimated more than 500 employees impacted by the exit, the Guardian reported.

In a statement to MT Newswires, Guzman y Gomez said it is aware of the lawsuit and is "confident we have met all of our legal obligations to our US employees."

免責聲明:投資有風險,本文並非投資建議,以上內容不應被視為任何金融產品的購買或出售要約、建議或邀請,作者或其他用戶的任何相關討論、評論或帖子也不應被視為此類內容。本文僅供一般參考,不考慮您的個人投資目標、財務狀況或需求。TTM對信息的準確性和完整性不承擔任何責任或保證,投資者應自行研究並在投資前尋求專業建議。

熱議股票

  1. 1
     
     
     
     
  2. 2
     
     
     
     
  3. 3
     
     
     
     
  4. 4
     
     
     
     
  5. 5
     
     
     
     
  6. 6
     
     
     
     
  7. 7
     
     
     
     
  8. 8
     
     
     
     
  9. 9
     
     
     
     
  10. 10