Telstra Group Executives Concede Service Outage Could Have Been Avoided With Software Update

MT Newswires Live
07/17

Telstra Group (ASX:TLS) executives told an Australian Senate hearing on Friday that the company received reminders in 2022 and again in January this year to implement a software update on its server, which could have prevented a recent outage of its Triple Zero service.

At the hearing into the disruption of voice and data services, Telstra CEO Vicki Brady blamed the outage on "an intentional design change that had previously been made to the equipment to fix an earlier fault."

The design change was not properly documented, which caused the GPS card to not operate as expected when the device was restarted, Brady said.

Gerard Tracey, another executive at the company, said the outage would not have occurred if Telstra were operating on more recent hardware.

"Last week, Telstra let Australians down. We let our customers down, we let the community down, and we fell short of what people rightly expect from us," Brady said in her opening remarks. "For this I am deeply sorry."

She added that the company's investigation into the matter is ongoing.

Telstra shares gained nearly 2% in recent Friday trade.

免責聲明:投資有風險,本文並非投資建議,以上內容不應被視為任何金融產品的購買或出售要約、建議或邀請,作者或其他用戶的任何相關討論、評論或帖子也不應被視為此類內容。本文僅供一般參考,不考慮您的個人投資目標、財務狀況或需求。TTM對信息的準確性和完整性不承擔任何責任或保證,投資者應自行研究並在投資前尋求專業建議。

熱議股票

  1. 1
     
     
     
     
  2. 2
     
     
     
     
  3. 3
     
     
     
     
  4. 4
     
     
     
     
  5. 5
     
     
     
     
  6. 6
     
     
     
     
  7. 7
     
     
     
     
  8. 8
     
     
     
     
  9. 9
     
     
     
     
  10. 10