Resolute Mining (ASX:RSG) said it is aware of a large number of exploration permits reportedly being revoked in Guinea but has not received any formal confirmation or communication from the Guinean Government about its licenses, according to a Thursday Australian bourse filing.
The company has three exploration permits in Guinea, Niagassola, Doko, and Siguiri-Kouroussa, with an initial inferred mineral resource estimate of the Mansala Prospect of 8.4 million tonnes grading 1.3 grams per tonne gold for 357,000 ounces of contained gold, which was announced in 2024 following a two-year drilling program.
As part of the previously disclosed Doropo acquisition, the company has agreed to transfer the said exploration permits to AngloGold Ashanti, subject to government approval.